Monday, February 23, 2009

It's been a while...

So I've been a bad blogger lately. Sue me.

Not to much to talk about I guess. I have been very busy these past several weeks--well it feels like I have anyway.

In addition to volunteering every other Wednesday at Vanderbilt Children's, I have been asked to serve as Publicity Chair for the Nashville chapter of Friends of St. Jude. FOSJ is a young professionals group that holds networking/social events and raises money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis. There are chapters all around the country. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing as Publicity Chair but I'm certainly doing my best to show up at events. Hopefully shortly I'll be in charge of all things Facebook for our chapter, as well as get the word out about our events and what we do. I'm particularly looking forward to this weekend when we travel Memphis to tour the hospital. I hear it's a very happy place. We'll be staying the night and hopefully I'll get my Rendevouz fix for the first time in 5 years! Beale Street is also on the agenda as well as a possible trip to Graceland. Maybe I'll have some pictures to share. Maybe. Stay tuned.

March 3rd & 4th my mom will be having her second and third back surgeries. Hopefully, these will be the last. The last surgery she had was a doozy and we're all hoping these will be a little less intense. The combined length of the surgeries is already shorter than the first one she had so that sounds promising. Prayers are much appreciated.

Also, my BFF from high school is ready to pop any minute now. She's due March 5th but it won't surprise me a bit if the baby comes before then. I can't wait to meet Baby Keelon!

I am very thankful right now to still have a job. I know way too many people who have been laid off lately and all I can do is pray--pray for them and pray that my job stays intact. We've lost a few clients due to the bad economy and have had to put off some purchases for the office, but as of right now things are looking good. As my boss put it, "we've R.S.V.P.'d 'no' to the recession."

I'm also excited about several upcoming concerts. I'm quite the concert junkie and will be seeing some of my favs in the next few months--Ryan Adams, Dave Matthews Band with Jason Mraz and Death Cab for Cutie.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll have some interesting stuff to post about Memphis next week. :)

1 comment:

Kelley said...

It's a dream of mine to someday visit St. Jude. Strange I know but I hold that place and what they do in the highest regard. We have been "Partners in Hope" for quite some time. I can hardly wait to hear about your experience there.