My cousin Kelley did this and apparently I'm a joiner...
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No--I was supposed to get licensed and get myself a gun. I still intend to do that though. This year I'm going to make more of an effort to eat healthy and get active.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My cousin Ashley had baby Sadie in November. That's her favorite month to give birth. :)
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. NaNa. I miss her and am now out of grandparents.
5. What countries did you visit? Just the good 'ole U.S. of A. I still haven't been out of the country and I'm almost 30. Sad.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Perhaps a bigger place...and smaller clothes. :)
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 18--watching NaNa pass away in hospice.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I actually became okay with God's timing for what I want out of life.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don't believe in failure--when God closes one door he always opens a window.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major--probably a cold or sinus infection or two.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My car!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I have pretty awesome friends but I have to commend Kara for not killing me when I almost had a meltdown in IKEA in Atlanta. It's a little overwhelming for a first-timer. :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I won't name names but I have a friend who hasn't been the same friend I used to have for going on 2 years now. Also, a certain person I dated who needs to learn how to be a man. (Was that harsh? Maybe so. But honest? Yes.)
14. Where did most of your money go? mortgage, clothes, fun
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My car. I know, I know.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon or anything from the Coldplay CD "Viva la Vida."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? (a) happier (b) same I think, if not fatter (c) I got a raise in '08 but I also got a car payment so I think it evened itself out!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Traveling. Bible Study.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Wasting time. (I keeping this from Kelley's.)
20. How did you spend Christmas? with my family here in town
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? um, no.
22. What was your favorite TV program? TV just isn't doing it for me anymore. If I had to choose one show, I'd say Jon and Kate Plus 8.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I have never hated anyone and don't plan on it.
24. What was the best book you read? I don't think I read a book all year! Sad!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Kings of Leon--I've always liked them but I really got into them this year.
26. What did you want and get? A new car, a new camera and a sweet Coach bag.
27. What did you want and not get? I don't remember anything in particular.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight or Marley & Me.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 29 and I went to LaPaz with some friends for dinner. I wasn't really thrilled with turning 29 to be honest.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Someone to clean my place for me...for free, and one of those gazillion blind dates I went on to have worked out.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I try to stay comfortable and classic with a trendy twist. How does that sound?
32. What kept you sane? God. That's what I know for sure. Also some really awesome friends.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? James Marsden--only because I saw him at LaPaz. :) Yes, he's just as good looking in person.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Ugh. The one thing I was most sick of in 08 was politics. Thank God the election is OVER. If you read my blog, you know my political stances so I won't bore you with them now.
35. Who did you miss? NaNa.
36. Who was the best new person you met? My friend Catherine! Where has she been all my life?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. When you have a feeling about something, bad or good, that's God's way of saying, "Stop and listen."
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I'm so scared of getting older.
I'm only good at being young,
So I play the numbers game
To find a way to say that life has just begun."
~John Mayer, Stop this Train

No comments:
Post a Comment