Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008...Bring it on 2009!

I'll be 30 in 2009.  Wow.  That's the first thing that popped into my head.  Hopefully by August 10th, I'll be a little more accepting of it.  As for now, I'm going to to enjoy the last few months of my 20s. :)

2008 was like a roller coaster for me.  I had yet another failed relationship and I ran out of grandparents.  However, that guy was definitely NOT for me (and I knew it) and Na Na was ready to go Home.  As much as I miss her, I wouldn't have wanted to live like that either.

At the same token I made some fantastic new friends.  I feel like in 2008 I finally figured out who I am and what I want out of life--and I'm actually okay with waiting for God's timing.  I have a church home that keeps me spiritually fed.  I have a great job, great friends and a great family.  I have a lot to be thankful for.

So for 2009 I want to try to keep the good going, keeping improving and keep challenging myself.  My number 1 priority is my health.  I need to eat better than I do.  I need to get more exercise.  I figured why wait, so I've already tried to start better habits.  So far, so good.  I have a feeling it will take a lot of prayer and a lot of will power, but I'm determined to feel better about my own body.  

Bring it on 2009, I'm ready.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Hi! I found your blog through Allison Bussell's. I'm glad I found you on here. I love your blog - you're so entertaining! Hope you are well. :) Marissa

Jennifer said...

Hi Marissa!!