Monday, October 6, 2008

Please Pray for my Pipes

Yes, I'm asking for prayer for my pipes.

I live in a one-bedroom flat condo on the 2nd floor of my building. My downstairs neighbor, Missy, has the exact same floorplan as I do. Therefore, her bathroom is directly below mine.

A couple of months ago, she noticed a small dark stain on her ceiling. The stain slowly got bigger and she decided it was problematic enough to tell me about it. One of my pipes was obviously leaking but I had zero damage to my place.

We called a plumber who came over, cut out her ceiling and charged Missy $80 and didn't fix anything. After the ceiling was cut out, Missy found a drip, but couldn't tell where it was coming from.

I then called another plumber. The night before he was scheduled to come, Missy and I tested it and I let my shower run for 30 minutes. Not one drip. Didn't leak once. Great. When he showed up the next morning, we couldn't get it to leak again! So after cutting a hole out of my closet wall (my bedroom closet is on the other side of my shower) he fixed what he thought it could've been and charged me $85.

It didn't work. Still leaking the next day when I took a shower.

So he was supposed to come again this past Saturday. Missy was going to be out so she gave me her key. I took a shower and just left it on when I got out so I could see the leak. I looked in the hole in my wall--nothing. I ran downstairs and check the hole in her ceiling (by the way, we can see each other)--nothing. So he didn't come. Bascially, if he can't see where it's leaking, or we can't find where it's leaking and tell him, he can't fix it and will charge me every time he has to come over.

So, please pray that we find the leak, he can fix it CHEAP and we can get our holes patched up and move on. Because frankly, I'm about to pull my hair out.

No comments: