As of August of this year, I have been graduated from college for 7 years. I can't believe it was that long ago--seems like just yesterday--but 7 years is a while and lots of things have changed.
I definitely have a higher standard of living. I think about about the house I lived in my junior and senior years and wonder how I did it. We didn't have air conditioning. Of course, after the first few weeks of school in the fall semester, it wasn't that big of a deal because the weather got cool. But when it got cold, boy was it cold. We only had wall units. I had a space heater in my bedroom and I would turn it on full blast and close the door about an hour before I wanted to go to bed. Then it was nice and toasty when I was ready to turn in and I could turn the space heater down. But really, who lives like that?
I say all of this because recently I had a dream about college. I'm talking very recently. I dreamed that I was still in college and I had skipped all my classes for about 3 or 4 weeks. I couldn't remember where any of them were located and no one could give me a copy of my schedule. I literally woke up in a panic thinking I was going to flunk the semester. How weird is that? Seven whole years later!
I loved college. I actually miss it. But there were definitely parts that had me stressed out beyond belief. It just baffles me that they are still haunting me to this day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I've had that dream about twice a year since I graduated college. So strange. I think it means I'm feeling unprepared for something coming up.
I think we all hav that dream! It is weird how long we all have been out!
Hi Susan!
Post a Comment