Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Google Chrome

My boss sent around an email today talking about some new security risk associated with Internet Explorer.  The short of it is, hackers can retrieve your passwords for things like your email, online banking, eBay, PayPal, etc. through IE.  Since we have several work-related sites that require passwords, we're no longer allowed to use IE in the office.

I had heard good things about Google Chrome so I decided to try it out.  I highly recommend it!  It's so much faster and more user-friendly that Explorer.

However, I did run into a problem when I tried to install the flash player to Chrome.  It kept telling me to close out 'CompuServe' before I could install it.  I had nothing running on my computer called CompuServe and it was frustrating me to death!  I spent all day trying to figure it out.  Finally my genius co-worker Emily figured it out and it was so easy.  Here is how I got rid of it in case you decide to switch your browser:

Press ctrl + alt + del to bring up your Windows Task Manager.  Click on the 'Processes' tab and find 'cs.exe.'  When you cllick on it, it will highlight it, then click 'End Process.'  After that you should be able to download the flash player without a problem.

You're welcome. :)




*Edited: I must say I am not a computer whiz so I don't know if this will work for everyone.  It's just what worked for me!

No comments: