This past weekend I helped my friend Niki move into her new condo. Her Paris/London motif is very nice and I'm very happy for her! I know how she felt having to live at home for a while after having been on her own at college for so long. It's a great feeling of accomplishment--like you can live your life again. Not that I, or Niki for that matter, didn't appreciate our parents for all they did for us, but having to live with them at 23 and 24 can wear on your nerves. (Love you Mom!)
A few weeks ago I helped my friend Kara move into her new place as well. I need to go by and see what she's done with it because I'm sure it looks nothing like it did they day we moved everything. She comes up with decorating ideas I could never imagine. Both Niki and Kara have given me inspiration to get my butt in gear and actually try to put some effort into decorating my own condo that I've lived in for 4 years. (Ahem, little help perhaps, Kelley?) :)
Saturday night I did something a little outside of my norm. I went to Puckett's Grocery in Leiper's Fork to see Paul Bogart perform. Paul is a good friend of my friend Anthony (they used to be roommates) and even though I'm not the world's biggest country music fan, I still have a great appreciation for it (hello, born in Nashville) and we had a really good time. Paul is very real and very funny. He is a real cowboy--an actual team roper. He's a good Christian guy and stays away from the honkey tonk scene because he doesn't want to get that reputation. He sang several of his own tunes and did a few covers from Don Williams, Buck Owens, Johnny Cash & Merle Haggard. If I could compare Paul to anyone, I'd say he has a George Straight voice but his songs & lyrics are very Brad Paisley-ish--very clever. Also, if you get a chance to go to Puckett's, try the fried pork chop. It's delish. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just tell me when.
And one tip....having NOthing is better than having the wrong thing so if there are things that you've been keeping/using "just because" but you don't really like them, do away with them. Once those places are empty, you'll be able to get a better feel for what should go there and you'll be more motivated to do it. Also...less is more.
Post a Comment