First things first:
1. I have absolutely zero intention of voting for Barack Obama.
2. I totally jacked this from my friend Allison's blog. (who jacked it from her husband's blog)
While I disagree with Obama politically, I totally agree with Stephen Mansfield (who, coincidentally, also wrote The Faith of George W. Bush) in that we, as Christians, are not called to hate those with whom we disagree. It's a short video, so just watch and see what he has to say. This topic has frustrated me for a while now and it's nice to see I'm not the only person who feels this way. He has articulated it a whole lot better than I ever could. I haven't read either book, but I definitely want to.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jen, I don't know if you have ever heard of Jim Wallis or Sojourners, but you might find it interesting - http://www.sojo.net/index.cfm?action=about_us.mission
Jim Wallis, an Evangelical Christian, is the founder of Sojourners. I guess it talks more about issues associated with liberals, but I think it might interest you, too.
Did you watch the Presidential Forum a few Saturdays ago? A pastor at some church in California interviewed both Obama and McCain. I thought it was a great insight into both candidates, and was done in a way that made Christians look pretty good (not kooky!). :)
Post a Comment