Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this beautiful day. Thank you for bringing me into this world, in a country where I have the freedom to choose who I want to lead it. On this election day, please keep Your hand in it. Regardless of the outcome, please let us as Christians remember that it is You who is ultimately in charge; that Your will be done, even if we don't understand why. Please give us the peace in knowing that You are here and everything will work out according to Your plan whether we voted for the winner of this race or not. Please Lord, be with all four candidates today, and their families. And whomever wins, please give him the strength and humility to lead this nation according to your will.

Because You have all the power, it is in Your awesome and holy name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

The bride, the mom, the woman said...

I said a similar one myself. Great minds do think alike sis!