The retreat was held at Doublehead Resort in Town Creek, AL--a little less than 2 hours south of Nashville. We hit peak for the fall colors and boy was it beautiful.



I think the main thing I took away from the weekend is that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, church-wise. It's awesome to be with a group of late 20-something/early 30-something, single Christians who GET IT. They identify with my life and my walk with God and vice versa. Even though I'm not even close to having it all figured out, I thank God for the peacefulness that He gave me through this retreat and I'll continue to do my best to "let go and let God."
Here are a few of those awesome people I mentioned at our Saturday night bonfire. As you can tell, it was a little chilly.
As with most church retreats, there was some fun silliness going down. Between morning worship and lunch on Saturday, we had a "get to know you" mixer where we were divided into random teams and had to come up with a team name and team cheer. We were "THAT Team." Yes, the sarcastic ones. Sufficed to say, were robbed in the cheer competition. I know there's a video of that cheer somewhere and if I can get my hands on it I'll post it and you can judge for yourself. At the bonfire, there were rousing renditions of Father Abraham, complete with the right arm, left arm stuff, and sing-a-longs to both Garth Brooks' Standing Outside the Fire (appropriate since it was a bonfire) and Boyz 2 Men's End of the Road. We stayed up pretty late playing games in the lodge after the bonfire including a game where you had to tell 2 truths and 1 lie and everyone has to guess which one is the lie. Mine were, Garth Brooks left me a $40 tip when I waited tables, I've been arrested, and I've been involved in a car accident with a drunk driver. Take a guess! :)
As with most church retreats, there was some fun silliness going down. Between morning worship and lunch on Saturday, we had a "get to know you" mixer where we were divided into random teams and had to come up with a team name and team cheer. We were "THAT Team." Yes, the sarcastic ones. Sufficed to say, were robbed in the cheer competition. I know there's a video of that cheer somewhere and if I can get my hands on it I'll post it and you can judge for yourself. At the bonfire, there were rousing renditions of Father Abraham, complete with the right arm, left arm stuff, and sing-a-longs to both Garth Brooks' Standing Outside the Fire (appropriate since it was a bonfire) and Boyz 2 Men's End of the Road. We stayed up pretty late playing games in the lodge after the bonfire including a game where you had to tell 2 truths and 1 lie and everyone has to guess which one is the lie. Mine were, Garth Brooks left me a $40 tip when I waited tables, I've been arrested, and I've been involved in a car accident with a drunk driver. Take a guess! :) 
No comments:
Post a Comment